I love snacking. I’m the type of person who always craves crisps or popcorn almost everyday. This is not a healthy habit and that is why I decided to replace these said snacks with healthier options such as these chicken lettuce wraps.
This is a really light snack that carries a lot of flavors from the chicken and the lettuce. Apart from being a snack, it is also serves as a good appetizer for your guests if you decide to have a party or gathering at your home. Let’s get cooking:
- Chicken breast
- One head of lettuce
- One red onion
- Three cloves of Garlic(finely chopped)
- Thumb size grated ginger
- Lemon juice
- Two tomatoes (for garnishing)
- Spring onions (for garnishing)
- Two carrots (finely diced)
For the seasoning:
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of honey
- one tablespoon of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop your chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Heat your oil in a pan and cook the chicken on medium high heat until brown and tender.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk your honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, grated ginger, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a bowl until all combined then set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside on a plate and on the same pan add about a tablespoon of oil and cook your garlic and carrots until the garlic is transparent or fragrant.
- Next add your cooked chicken followed by the seasoning we had made earlier and toss the chicken in the mixture. Let this cook on low heat for about four minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors.
- Once the chicken is cooked and done, turn off the heat and prepare your lettuce leaves. I put two leaves on top of each other then served the chicken on top followed by a garnishing of carrots, onions and tomatoes. Enjoy!